Research Word - Motion
What does this mean in interactive design?
How can this word be interpreted through interactive technologies?
1. Making connections:
Motion > Dynamic > Active
- Sensing technologies
- experience the movement
- Kinaethetics - the left sense of the movement
Movement of a user in the process of interaction with technology is a must to trigger an action from the technology.
There are however different type of movement that user can do to trigger that interaction:
- Eye movement - mimic
- Hand Movement - gestures
- Body Movement - full/part-body interaction
There are also different types of input technology can allow the interaction:
- Tactile - multi-touch, direct body to screen interaction
- Supported - through additional technology(mouse, trackpad, pen&touch tablets)
Tactile learning is a learning style in whihch learning by the students carrying out physical activities rather than listening to a lecture or watching demonstration.
2. Kinesthetic Interaction - Revealing the Bodily Potential in Interaction Design
This concept of Kinestetic Interaction consists of three axioms:
- Psychology - memory connections and our expreiences trigger sensory feedback
- Interactive Technology - movement caught through sensors(light, sound and temperature), electtomagnetic field and ultrasonic sounds
- kinethetic experience - it grounds our everyday actions in the world
Questions to consider for furthere research
- What affects people's decisions?
- How and when websites decided whether things like dropdown menus and in-text links would be easy for users to catch and understand how to use?
- How far can a designer step away from what's considered conventional and create somethign new whether visually or structurally?